DLink 5-Port 10/100 Desktop Ethernet Switch
The DES-1005E is a 5-port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet desktop switch that utilizes plug and play technology to quickly set up or expand a wired home network. By connecting the DES-1005E to your router, you can add up to four more computers to your home network with Fast Ethernet connectivity. Devices like your gaming console, printer, print server, Network-Attached Storage (NAS) or network camera can also be added with a simple Ethernet cable.
Ideal for fast data transfer, share storage, and gaming. Cable Diagnostic LEDs display the status and activity of each cable for easy troubleshooting. Fan-less design provides noise-free operation. Power connector and ports are conveniently located in the rear to avoid messy cables on the desk. This Desktop Switch fits virtually anywhere because of its stylish, compact size. Can also be mounted on a wall or underneath a desk with the included wall mounting kit.
- Interfaces/Ports - The DES-1005E uses 5 auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices to create an integrated network. These ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, as well as between full and half-duplex, allowing you to get the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
- Auto MDI/MDIX Crossover - All ports support automatic MDI/MDIX crossover, eliminating the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables.
- Flow Control for Secure Transmission - 802.3x flow control on each port minimizes dropped packets when the port's receiving buffer is full. This gives you a more reliable connection for all of your connected devices.
- Minimum System Requirements - Devices Supporting 802.3 Ethernet or 802.3u Fast Ethernet, CAT5 Ethernet Cable, Network Interface Card for each computer
- Package Contents - 5-Port 10/100 Desktop Ethernet Switch, Power Adapter, Rubber Feet, Wall Mount Kit, Quick Install Guide, Warranty Card